A student’s performance at GCSE is a good indication of how well they will do at A Level or BTEC.
- Pupils gaining five or more GCSEs at grade 5 and above have a strong chance of success in the Sixth Form.
- To access the A Level pathway five grade 6s at GCSE including English and Mathematics at grade 5+ is required.
- In Languages, Mathematics and the Sciences, a grade 7 is the advised starting point.
- Experience shows that those not meeting these standards will have difficulty reaching the higher grades at A Level.
- For BTEC courses pupils should have a minimum of 5 or more GCSEs at grade 5 or above.
- All pupils are required to have grade 5 in English and Maths or to retake these or equivalent in the Sixth Form until this level is attained.
These are, however, recommendations rather than rigid requirements. Those not meeting this standard may be accepted following discussion. Pupils are individuals; some will flourish with further academic study while others need a more practical approach to learning.
Therefore, we never make a decision about admissions based on grades alone. To find out more download our Sixth Form Prospectus and book your personal tour of the school to find out if we are the right place for you.